Cardlock is a revolutionary system that helps fleet owners improve their businesses, save on costs, and manage expenditures. If you are a fleet owner or manager, chances are, you have heard a lot about cardlock already. If you haven’t signed up for a fleet card or cardlock system for your business yet, it might be because you still have questions about getting started with a new system. Understandably, it can be challenging for businesses to try something new — especially if your business has been conducted a certain way for some time. Luckily, MNOP is here to answer all of your questions about cardlock and provide the information you need to make an informed decision when it comes to signing up.
We have found that those that sign up for cardlock benefit greatly. As a fleet owner, there is nothing more valuable to your company, workers, and your budget. In this article, we’ll take you through some of the benefits of cardlock, different fuel card comparisons, as well as how to get signed up for cardlock for your business. Fleet owners and managers, read on! We’ve got the insider information you need to become well-versed in the ins and outs of cardlock.
Top Benefits of Cardlock
Setting up a cardlock system through MNOP is a great way to get started with better budgeting, consolidated fleet management, and other perks. Take a look at some of the benefits your business will enjoy by signing up for a cardlock system with MNOP:
Save on Company Costs
Cardlock is the best way to control driver purchases and manage your budget. With cardlock, you can customize exactly which type of fuel is authorized on the card, which days and times the card can be used, and more. With restrictions in place on each card, you don’t ever have to worry about unauthorized spending or usage. Instead of having your fleet drivers use company credit cards or cash, you can use cardlock to manage driver spending.
Avoid Theft and Wasteful Spending
If you have been dealing with wasteful or unauthorized expenditures from your fleet workers, this is not only frustrating, but it can also dwindle your budget quickly. Company theft and unauthorized purchases are eliminated with cardlock. Managers and fleet owners can set detailed parameters for spending, right down to the fuel type that drivers are allowed to purchase with their fleet cards.
Accessible and Convenient Fueling Locations
There are over 3,000 Pacific Pride and CFN (commercial fueling network) locations that cardlock members through MNOP can fuel up at. You can also count on fleet cards being accepted at over 57,000 retail locations across the country, with nearly 2,500 of these locations offering a full array of truck services and overnight accommodations. Cardlock comes with online route planners that let drivers quickly locate and arrive at these service stations. Once on-site, drivers can expect plenty of room to maneuver their fleets.
Track and Monitor Fleet Expenditures
Fleet owners can easily track and monitor their drivers’ expenses on a daily, weekly, monthly, or annual basis with cardlock. If you are a manager or owner of a fleet company, we know that you are likely pressed for time. With all of the data you need to monitor your business expenses in one place, you are sure to feel a greater sense of control and ease once you have a cardlock system fully integrated.
Easy, Online Account Management
Cardlock systems come with easy-to-use, accessible online management systems. With a user-friendly interface, you can track, monitor, and view expense data with ease. Fleet owners can quickly identify problems with driver spending or other issues in real-time.
No Start-Up or Transaction Fees
MNOP promises your business will never pay for start-up fees, card fees, or transaction costs. We are in the business of making life easier for fleet owners everywhere. That is why we will never surprise you with hidden fees or unnecessary costs associated with your fuel cards. We know that fuel cards benefit fleet companies both big and small. That is why we always strive to make signing up and sticking with cardlock as easy and hassle-free as possible.
Comparing Cardlock to Other Fuel Cards
Before you select a cardlock provider for your fleet, there are several things you should consider. It is important to understand the definitions and differences between various types of fuel cards, as well as their pros and cons.
- Fuel Credit Cards: These card types are affiliated with large, commercial vendors such as MasterCard or Visa. Fuel credit cards are typically issued by Fleetcor, Comdata, or US Bank. Although these cards act like traditional credit cards, they are restricted to gas station use only. Purchase controls on fuel credit cards are less customizable than those on cardlock systems or universal fuel cards.
- Universal Fuel Cards: Universal fuel cards can be highly customized when it comes to purchases. They are similar to cardlock systems, but with limited discounts. Any discounts that are permitted with universal fuel cards are usually reserved for larger commercial fleets, but may come with associated fees. As their name implies, these fuel cards are universally accepted. They are accepted at over 90% of all fuel locations across the United States, making it easy for drivers to access nearby fuel stops and use their fuel cards. Some of the most popular universal fuel card brands include WEX and Voyager.
- Major Oil and Gas Cards: Gas or oil cards are most often issued by major oil companies that offer users discounts at their own sites. These cards come with purchase controls, just like universal fuel cards and fuel credit cards, but they are more limited when it comes to discounts. Since these cards can usually only be used at specific station locations, drivers may be restricted or inconvenienced when it comes to fueling their vehicles. If you are considering a major oil or gas card, you will want to thoroughly research the restrictions before making a full commitment. Another downside to major oil cards is that user fees may actually offset any discounts or rebates your company might gain.
- Over the Road Fuel Cards (OTR): OTR cards are a great option for long-haul trucking companies. With these cards, you will receive many of the same perks as other fuel card types with the addition of discounts on other driver services such as parking, lounges, showers, and eateries. Some of the downsides of OTR cards include user and transaction fees, shorter credit terms, and limited sites, especially for those in major, metropolitan areas. Depending on the needs of your company, the benefits inherent to OTR cards may make them worth their additional service fees.
- Cardlock Network Cards: CFN and Pacific Pride are two of the most popular cardlock networks available in the United States. These cards offer the most perks compared to any other fuel card type. Cardlock is best for commercial fleet companies with large vehicles. Cardlock fueling sites accommodate large vehicles by offering enough room and space for drivers to maneuver in and out. Cardlock sites are also located conveniently next to major freeways and in major cities. With these perks, you can ensure that drivers get back on the road as quickly as possible. Unlike some fuel cards, you can use cardlock cards at retail locations or commercial-only fuel stations. Even though most cardlock fuel discounts will not apply to retail locations, drivers still have the option to use them at retail sites when necessary.
Selecting the Right Cardlock System
At MNOP, we offer both CFN and Pacific Pride fuel cards. With either of these options, you can take advantage of the largest commercial fueling networks in the country. Both CFN and Pacific Pride have fueling sites that can easily accommodate larger commercial fleets. You will also find their locations conveniently located right off of major freeways and in major metro areas. Going with either a CFN or Pacific Pride cardlock system is the best way to ensure that your fleet company saves money and your drivers are able to access the fuel they need fast. In addition to larger fleet accommodations, your drivers can expect discounts on fuel at CFN and Pacific Pride locations and other perks.
Sign Up for Cardlock with MNOP Today!
If cardlock appeals to you and your commercial fleet needs, let us help you get started today! With our exceptional customer service, we can make sure your cardlock system is put in place as soon as possible. To get signed up for cardlock, fill out our customer credit application. Completed applications can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to our office at 1977 Claxter Road NE, Salem, OR 97301.
For any additional questions you have about cardlock benefits or sign-up, give MNOP a call now at (503) 363-7676 or toll-free at (800) 523-7676. Our representatives are happy to answer any questions you may have, as well as guide you through the sign-up and registration process for your fleet business.